Thursday, January 3, 2013

Hijacked by Silly

Hooray, we are well on our way into a new year!  Weather has been good, the country is still not going over that fiscal cliff (well... that's what They SAY...)

Anyhoo... In Barbland, still trying to get my brain organized to a full speed ahead approach. I think I need to get back to scheduling everything I do. Or something.  There are so many things I want to accomplish this year, and I can if I just stay on task and not let my brain wander arou-... whoa- look at that shiny... what was I saying?  Oh yes, aren't kitties cute?  Good grief, I got derailed last night where I came to a local (no-kill) shelter's page and found this beautiful long-haired Russian blue mix named Dexter... who I am NOT going to adopt...but I want to.... but no!  Can't!  See...two cats- you're okay.  Three, you start down that slope of becoming a Cat Collector, which then - add a few more cats (o'-cause they small!) you  devolve into earning the title of Crazy Cat Lady.  Since I already have the 'Crazy' part down, and for all intents and purposes, the 'Lady' part- (I am SO a lady!!!)  all it would take is a couple more cats and then I'm That Weirdo Woman With a Whole Bunch of Cats.

Hold on- wasn't I talking about something else?

And there it is- ADD in full bloom which proves my point that yes, scheduling is in order here. 100%.  For those of you younglings considering a self-employed career in the arts (writing, arting, musicking)  please note that discipline is one of those things you're gonna need to foster in yourself.  What makes it particularly imperative that you actively seek to learn the skill of organization, is that the creative gene and the discipline gene are not typically present in the same human.   (Those fortunate enough to be endowed with both are usually famous and often millionaires.)

I took a right/left brain test one time and determined that I do not POSESS a left hemisphere. Well, I do, but it's simply a storage facility for old phone numbers and Beatles trivia. And yes, the inside of my brain is a bunch of swirlies and pretty colors, but - it's also a big-ass mess; if you go walking around in there with reckless abandon, you can slip on the wet 'paint' of crazy ideas.  Which I often do, and then end up listening to System of a Down and looking up tab for that one Joni Michell song, or at super slo mo videos of running cheetahs, or pics of Tom Hiddleston.  Oh, boy, I sense another tangent coming on if I'm not careful here...

Actually, it's already too late- this whole blog has been hijacked by my silly.  Ah, well- tomorrow is another day.  I will be an organized, lefty brain tomorrow!  (yeeeah right.)  One final thing- thank you again to all who are helping me out with the Wacom Fund!  I can't believe how close I am to the goal!  Remember, Jan. 10 I will draw 2 names at random of everyone who donated - and those folks will each get a groovy digital illustration (done with my new tablet of course) of whatever they want!  Good luck to everyone!


Have a groovy, swirly, colorful, kitty filled day y'all!
~B


No comments:

Post a Comment