Friday, December 28, 2012

First Blog entry

Okay, I'm new to Blogger blog, so let's see how this goes.  Haven't blogged in a bit, been mostly ranting and gnashing my teeth on Facebook, so I have decided to get back to blogging- or journaling as part of my personal revisioning for 2013.

This entry is going to be a little short, but I wanted to say thank you!!  to everyone who has been supporting my end of the year fundraiser to help me get a new drawing tablet.  The one I have was actually gifted to me a long time ago, and is an original Wacom Intuos- and has been very VERY useful, but I have long known that drawing on a tablet while looking up at a screen was not something that would ever come naturally to me. I have hoped that I coudl get a Cintiq (a tablet with a built in screen) for years, but with business being up and down, and many personal life challenges, it's just not been something I could justify.

Now with the Intuos on its last legs, and still no funds, I decided to appeal to my wonderful friends- many of them artists themselves, and have been humbled by the outpouring of support.   Thank you so much everyone who has helped or has had words of support!

I know that the new tablet is going to speed up my work time and I will be more productive and successful in the coming year!  Thank you everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. Wish I could help, Barb - I'm in the same boat as you, funds-wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure who is posting :), but please don't worry! I am just grateful that I ave so much moral support too, and those who have been able to help me have! Thank you all!

      Delete
  2. Yay! It's making great progress so far!

    ReplyDelete