Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Big Ole Resolution List '14

2014

Okay, last year's list sorta went all to hell, mostly because I took a part time job that ended up being a full time job and changed all the plans. Then the child kind of went hay wire and there was a lot with that.  It was an interesting year- I was able to handle the struggles that came at me a bit more adeptly, but I'm still hoping for some sort of breakthrough this year.  So, it comes down to a plan.  A big old plan.

Step 1 Fitness
This is a big deal- not just because I have drawers of clothes that don't fit, not because I used to look a lot hotter and don't anymore, no - the important reason is because it really helped my mental state to be in good shape.  I dealt with a lot of shit back then and handled it a lot better than I'm handling lesser things now.  So, that's number one on the list (as it is every year...) physical fitness.  Here is the plan.  It's gotta be hardcore.
•Cardio at least four days a week (6AM two days a week)
•Weights at least two.
1200-1500 calories
•limit caffeine (no more four pots of coffee days...)
•lots of water
•no alcohol except occasional wine
It's common sense, I've done it before and I need to do it now. I WANT to do it now.
Goal: to lose 50 lbs by November.  Sounds like a lot, but it is definitely doable. just about 5 lbs a month. I'VE DONE IT BEFORE I WILL DO IT AGAIN.
Goal: run a 5K and a 10K

Step 2 Art
This is another important one as the last year has seen an erosion of my creative side that is unprecedented in my life.  The freelance projects have been more design oriented and not really soul feeding creative, and working another job takes a lot of energy.  I plan to stay there though through 2014 because of the piece of mind of a regular pay check is beneficial. But there are many people who would like to see me get back to storytelling and I would too.

So I need to make a plan for this too.
•Do gesture drawing for twenty minutes at least twice a week
•Spend 30-60 minutes a week writing
•choose a project (Dena or Xylia) and make time to work on it at least a few minutes a week
•do a painting a month
•musically- Donut Sharks shows- maybe two

Step 3 Personal
This is a tough one.  But I need to keep working on being more social.  Keeping up with correspondence, meeting with friends for coffee or at shows.

•meet with one friend at least once a week
•keep up with emails- set aside a 45 minute time to do this

Step 4 Miscellaneous 
Keep working at paying stuff off.
Accept help from people when they offer it. (this is a hard one...)
Do some home repairs
Don't sweat small stuff.
Leave the past in the past and don't worry about the future.

Wow that is a bad ass list.  It's all possible.  Just need to stay focused.  Eyes on the prize- which is being balanced and happy. Like any year, it will have its stumbling blocks but it will also have some exciting things too.   2014, you are my bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment